Webinar focused on the assessment of pretend play and language skills in children ages 2-7. The 5 elements of play, the brief and full assessment, data analysis, and goal writing were discussed.
Course duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 5 Elements of Pretend Play
- PPLAC Full Assessment
- PLACC Brief Assessment
- Part 1: Independent Play Observation
- Part 2: Beginner Assessment
- Part 2: Advanced Assessment
- Evaluating and Goal Writing
This presentation will focus exclusively on the Pretend Play and Language Assessment and Curriculum (PPLAC). Other approaches to teaching pretend play will recieve limited or no coverage as part of this training. Presenter financial and non-financial disclosures may be found in the Presenter & Disclosure area.
Interactive video PowerPoint presentation with authors narration and video examples.
Participants must meet the webinar participation requirement by completing the active student responding questions throughout the webinar. Participants must also complete the feedback form following completion of the webinar to earn CEUs. No partial credit will be provided.”
- Participants will match the 5 Elements of Pretend Play with corresponding video and/or written examples
- Participants will prepare a full assessment progress monitoring form when provided with written examples
- Participants will transcribe play actions and corresponding vocalizations for independent and sociodramatic play video examples
- Participants will code written examples of play actions and corresponding vocalizations for part 1 and 2 of the PPLAC brief assessment
- Participants will evaluate a completed assessment and select the correct short term and long term pretend play goals
Presenters and Disclosures
Nancy is the owner, founder, and Chief Executive Officer of ACI Learning Centers. Nancy holds degrees in elementary education, learning disabilities, and early childhood special education. She has over 35 years’ experience working with individuals with autism and other developmental delays. She has developed teaching curricula that correspond with the ABLLS-R and the VB-MAPP, I’m Learning to Be Me PlayTubs™ and is the co-author of The Pretend Play and Language Assessment and Curriculum (PPLAC). She has lectured and trained professionals and parents locally and internationally on Applied Behavior Analysis, as well as conducted and presented research on a behavioral approach to teaching play skills to children with autism.
- Financial – Nancy Champlin is the CEO of ACI Learning Centers; ownership interests
- Financial – Nancy Champlin is a presenter of online CE courses sponsored by ACI Learning Centers; receives payment
- Financial – Nancy Champlin is a co-author of the Pretend Play and Language Assessment and Curriculum; receives payment
- Nonfinancial – Nancy Champlin has no relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclose
Melissa is the Director of Research and Development for ACI Learning Centers and has been with ACI since 2009. She has her Master’s degree from Sage College in Applied Behavior Analysis with an emphasis in Autism and received her BCBA credential in 2012. She has experience and expertise developing social skills packages, designing individualized research-based programs and behavior reduction plans for children and adolescents diagnosed with autism. She has conducted research on establishing and increasing appropriate play skills and has presented her research at ABAI and other state ABA conferences. In 2017, Melissa and Nancy Champlin, CEO, published the Pretend Play and Language Assessment and Curriculum (PPLAC): A Behavioral Approach to Targeting Play Skills.
- Financial – Melissa Schissler is a salaried employee at ACI Learning Centers
- Financial – Melissa Schissler is a presenter of online CE courses sponsored by ACI Learning Centers; receives payment
- Financial – Melissa Schissler is a co-author of the Pretend Play and Language Assessment and Curriculum; receives payment
- Nonfinancial – Melissa Schissler has no relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclose
It is the policy of ACI Learning Centers to demonstrate high standards of professional conduct and not to discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or disability
Please contact ACI Learning Centers with any special need including but not limited to: visual impairment, hearing loss, or a learning disability. Phone: 800-345-0448 E-mail: Melissa.Schissler@concepts.com
ACI Learning Centers is an Accredited Continuing Education (ACE) provider for the Behavior Analysis Certification Board. See course information for number of CEUs, instructional level, and content area. BACB CE Provider approval does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Intended Audience: BCBA, BCaBA, RBT, SLP
If you have a concern or suggestion related to the content of a course you have taken with ACI Learning Centers, please fill out the feedback form. If a reply is requested, we will respond to your comment within 2 business days or you can file a complaint with the BACB Continuing Education Board.